Android/iOS Legend of Mir 1 on LG KG150

Bajo19

LOMCN n00bie
Nov 10, 2021
Hello!
First off, I have no idea about LoM2, 3 or 4 because I never played these games. When I was a little child my first phone that I got was LG KG150 which had 2 games, Sudoku (that I didn't know how to play) and some fighting RPG that I used to play A LOT before going to sleep almost every day. Some years later I got nostalgic and went on a nostalgia trip, bought myself some lego pieces for old bionicles that I lost and remembered about this game I used to play. After some research I found that the game's name was Legend of Mir. Well, I am very happy that the game actually continued and it wasn't just a mobile game from 2007.
I tried looking for emulator for the game but I couldn't find anything, so I just did the most basic thing I could to play the game - I bought an old LG phone. I got it today, it is in great condition and yes, the game is there! So if you are interested in anything about this game, feel free to ask question down below!
Here are some photos I took with my actual phone.

PS: Sorry for selecting this prefix, there is no option for "Old phones that dumb people buy for fun"

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
That's cool. Definitely no version of Mir i've come across. Legend of Mir 1 was an RPG game on the PC (attached an image). So that mobile version must be some alt version which never really kicked off over here.

Impossible to find anything on the internet about it with Mir4 on mobile now though (and even searching that mobile model has limited results)

Attachments

• legend_of_mir1_(1)_racing75.jpg
    legend_of_mir1_(1)_racing75.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 83

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
That's cool. Definitely no version of Mir i've come across. Legend of Mir 1 was an RPG game on the PC (attached an image). So that mobile version must be some alt version which never really kicked off over here.

Impossible to find anything on the internet about it with Mir4 on mobile now though (and even searching that mobile model has limited results)

Was Legend of Mir 1 ever in Europe ? Games have come along way lol. What year was this released ?

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Never seen that phone version of mir before but someone really needs to find a mir1 client and backwards engineer that ****.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
how ******* cool! haha love it, you need to connect your phone up somehow to your PC and record some videos of it!

btw I recently brought the same mouse mat as a temp solution, after reading all the bad reviews of the names all spelt wrong, but it comes with all the names spelt correctly, highly disappointed haha

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Really need see more off that phone game..no matter how much I Google I'm coming up with nothing..wonder who even made it to put in on the phone to start with.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

https://www.lomcn.org/forum/threads/legend-of-mir-1.84485/ you said here it was a mobile game? :P

Bajo19

LOMCN n00bie
Nov 10, 2021

Oh I never knew that, thanks for info. The lack of available stuff about this version of the game on the internet forced me to think that this was the "first" version and the developers then said screw it, we'll just use the same name, put number two at the end of it a make it a completely new game.
Never seen that phone version of mir before but someone really needs to find a mir1 client and backwards engineer that ****.
Really need see more off that phone game..no matter how much I Google I'm coming up with nothing..wonder who even made it to put in on the phone to start with.
Yes, it's basically imposible to find anything about it. First time I finally found what the name was, was on some russian review of the phone on youtube in 240p. Name of studio is Jangachi as the first screen upon starting the game is a red screen with their logo. I would gladly send someone the phone if they can port it to PC, or use it as an inspiration for the current game (maybe some easter egg.) It also has some broken English which made me LOL, so the studio was probably asian.
I bought it just to scratch it from my bucket list since I always wanted to finish the game, but couldn't understand English and I was very bad at the game itself. Once I finish it, it will be laying in the box with my other old electrical devices, so I have no problem with sending it to someone for science! If you are willing to pay for shipping and the cost of the phone itself, it's yours. I have no desire to make any profit out of it, but shipping from Czech republic is pretty expensive. (shipping $23 to US/Europe/elsewhere, phone costs $12)
how ******* cool! haha love it, you need to connect your phone up somehow to your PC and record some videos of it!

btw I recently brought the same mouse mat as a temp solution, after reading all the bad reviews of the names all spelt wrong, but it comes with all the names spelt correctly, highly disappointed haha
I have no idea if this phone can be even connected to PC haha. You can count pixels of the photos it takes on one hand. But I'll try taking some more pictures or even record some of the gameplay on my current Samsung. Sadly I couldn't find any names spelt wrong, I need to buy the next one from AliExpress.

I am glad you guys like that I shared it with you!

Reactions: Martyn and Far

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Did the game come with the purchased phone or you still had it and installed it... did you have it all this time on a diskette LOL
Mir1 looked very much like your typical single player PC game in the mid to late nineties except it was an online game.
1636674720894.png

I like that neat window border with the dragon head at top left (y)

Anyway, greetings to countryman :D and if you are here, check the various mir2 or mir3 servers advertised here. It always puzzled me that mir never got any decent player base from Eastern Europe. I believe only Poland and maybe Russia has or had some servers running in their language and only very few ever played on English servers.

Just tells you how advertising is important. If it didn't run in UK on a TV game channel back in 2001, who knows if it would take off in Europe. Then it was mostly UK and Italian player base. How Romanians and specially folks from Egypt and Arab countries got onto it is a puzzle to me. Maybe it had to do with UK pple from those countries who got their countrymen to join the addiction. :carrot:

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
it’s crazy that you’re the first person to mention this game in 20 years. It actually looks pretty good considering the age/technology

Reactions: Alecs

Bajo19

LOMCN n00bie
Nov 10, 2021
it’s crazy that you’re the first person to mention this game in 20 years. It actually looks pretty good considering the age/technology
I was surprised myself, sprites are looking actually pretty solid. What is pretty weird is the choice of enemies in the normal world though, you are fighting mummies, egyptian pharaons with sticks and.. cows. All of that in woods. Studio was probably too lazy to make desert areas, so they just put cows with mummies and pharaons into woods. What is not that lazy is the lava world, which has orcs and boss looking like a tauren with big axe. There is also second lava world which I have not been able to reach yet, but there should be at least 2 new enemies as well.
Did the game come with the purchased phone or you still had it and installed it... did you have it all this time on a diskette LOL
Mir1 looked very much like your typical single player PC game in the mid to late nineties except it was an online game.
It was already installed and I suppose every LG KG150 had it with Sudoku. Mir 1 on PC looks cool! Makes me wonder how great the game was for generation(s) before ours. I'll probably take a look around and learn more about the game and give it a go.
Anyways, here is a video of lava world and some more photos:

CraZyEriK

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 23, 2006
Alicante, Spain
I was surprised myself, sprites are looking actually pretty solid. What is pretty weird is the choice of enemies in the normal world though, you are fighting mummies, egyptian pharaons with sticks and.. cows. All of that in woods. Studio was probably too lazy to make desert areas, so they just put cows with mummies and pharaons into woods. What is not that lazy is the lava world, which has orcs and boss looking like a tauren with big axe. There is also second lava world which I have not been able to reach yet, but there should be at least 2 new enemies as well.

It was already installed and I suppose every LG KG150 had it with Sudoku. Mir 1 on PC looks cool! Makes me wonder how great the game was for generation(s) before ours. I'll probably take a look around and learn more about the game and give it a go.
Anyways, here is a video of lava world and some more photos:
woah, looks awesome and vintage as fk, look at names, shaman helmet, skull hlmet lol. ages

• Wow
Reactions: zedina

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa

Yeah, it looks like an N-Gage game which was above anything else we had back then.