[guide] how to make good drop files

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
Introduction
at the 2 mir server i was gm in and many other games i saw that ppls dont know how to make drop files, they r making mistakes that may cause the server to fall.
i would say that in mir there r 4 types of mobs:
1) exp mobs - like nr, wd, zt, pt ect ect
2) gold mobs - like ants, flea's ect
3) sub bosses mobs - like wooma gaurdien, white boar ect
4) bosses mobs - ee zt ect

if its low exp server, it will be harder to find rares, if its high exp server it will be a little easier

rules to write drop files for exp mobs:
1) they usually can drop rares but not often and not very good rares
2) the rares they drop is lower then the lvl they r seppose to be or equal to it (e.g. pt mobs drop items to the lvl ur seppose to start hunting there)
3) if they drop rare items it will take a long time and lot of luck to find them (e.g. in nr where u can find rusted items, rusted items need to be rare since they r very good)
4) dont forget that ppls that lvl dont have to find full set of items to thier lvl, they will find item after they killed lots of mobs, they usually find only few parts, which will make the items sold in commision
5) they will never drop better then bosses, or even close to bosses
6) if they drop gold, they wont drop good items and the other way arround
7)they dont drop pro/para/rev ect

rules to write drop files for gold mobs
1) they usually give low amount of exp
2) easy to kill to let low lvls ability to get gold
3) they come in big amounts
4) they will never drop rares
5) they hit low dmg to make the gold dropped worth more then the pots
6) they can drop pots if u like, can be nice if ants will be able to drop suns or gins
7)they dont drop pro/para/rev ect

rules to write drop files for sub bosses mobs
1)there r 3 parameters which has to be considered while ur making the drop file
a) how many sub bosses r there? few mean better drop
b) how strong are they? the stronger they better drop however dont strength less important then the other usually
c) how far are they from the start of the cave? if its long time, they will better and the other way arround
2) they drop gold and lot of it, benes/str oil, pots, the rares that the reguler mobs drop in higher chance, and sometimes extra items
3) they will never drop as good as the boss, they cant drop real rares
4)they dont drop pro/para/rev ect

rules to write drop files for bosses mobs
1) there r 5 parameters which has to be considered while ur making the drop files
a) how far is the boss from the start of the cave?
b) how hard is it to get to him?
c) u need to look for him or is he in the same place all the time?
d) how strong is he?
e) if there is more then 1 spawn of the boss (e.g. zt in zuma temple and zt in snow temple) the easier boss to find and to kill will show how good the boss drops.
2) bosses dont have to drop every time, however they will drop often.
3) make the drop files good enough so it will be worth it to find and kill them however dont make the drop files too good, give rares a velue, make ppls proud to have good items, not that everyone will have the best sets. bring ppls reason to play :>
4) the strongest bosses may drop pro/para/rev ect, but it will be very hard to find those rares on them, consider to the fact that pro/para/rev ect r making a player a lot stronger then someone that dont have pro/para/rev ect, weak or semi hard bosses will not drop those pro/para/rev ect, and also bosses that r strong but easy to find

ty for reading
feel free to express ur opinion on this guide

Last edited by a moderator:

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Ive added some Bold to make it a little easier to read...

Points though:

Wemade introduced a nice system called RareItem Database. What this does if done properly is allow you to specify how often something drops. If you worked out that you wanted 2 Para Rings dropped every Month at most, you line this up in the database and put the time, which in this case is 15 Days. Ad the timer is in Mins, you need to work out what value 15 Days worth is.

A lot of people do not like this as they try to work out when something drops BUT nothing stopping you changing the values every now and then to keep people on there toes.

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Code:
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;; 爆率等级level 0
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/1 祝福油
1/4   金币  60000
1/40  万年雪霜
1/40  万年雪霜
1/5   金创药(大)
1/20  魔法药(大)
1/10  金创药(特)
1/40  魔法药(特)
1/1    随身商店
;; 材料
1/8  飞龙剑碎片(火)
1/8  飞龙剑碎片(冰)
1/8  飞龙剑碎片(雷)
1/8  飞龙剑碎片(风)
1/8  飞龙剑碎片(神圣)
1/8  飞龙剑碎片(暗黑)
1/8  飞龙剑碎片(幻影)

;; 特殊药水
;;1/10  券距(20000)

;; 爆率等级 level 1
1/5      魄冰刺
1/5      怒神霹雳
1/5      焰天火雨
1/8      凝血离魂
1/5      云寂术
1/5      移花接玉
1/8      妙影无踪
1/5      阴阳法环
1/5      十方斩
1/5      乾坤大挪移
1/5      铁布衫
1/5      斗转星移
1/8      破血狂杀
;; 爆率等级 level 2
1/100   幸运降妖除魔戒指

1/200  天极道衣(男)
1/200  天极道衣(女)
1/200  龙鳞战甲(男)
1/200  龙鳞战甲(女)
1/200  袁灵法衣(男)
1/200  袁灵法衣(女)

;; 爆率等级 level 3
1/15   麒麟宝铠(男)
1/15   麒麟宝铠(女)
1/15   仙风神袍(男)
1/15   仙风神袍(女)
1/15   阴阳圣衣(男)
1/15   阴阳圣衣(女)

;; 难爆物品
1/5   天赐战甲(男)
1/5   天赐战甲(女)
1/1    随身商店

1/30  破荒项链
1/30  魔云项链
1/30  定心项链
1/30  师承戒指
1/30  龙马戒指
1/30  青云戒指

1/10  裁决之杖
1/10  无极棍
1/10  骨玉权杖

1/20  旋风流星刀
1/20  封魔剑
1/20  飞魂魔刃
Ignoring the fact that its all in Chinese, does anyone know what the different "levels" indicate? Do they have different chances of dropping or is it just to make it easier on the eyes?

Also, why are there extra figures at the end of some of the drops as below, I understand the first Number is the Qty dropped, what is the 2nd one? > >
Code:
1/10000    祈祷戒指    1    1

/Mick

Upvote 0

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
y ur working on those files? just go to mir3 char, look for my conversation on server files, about 98% translated files 3g there.

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Like I said, the fact that they are in Chinese is irrelevent. I just wanted to know if anyone knew the answer to my question. I have your download (thanks btw :D), but I was just browsing the Chinese ones.

Upvote 0

turboshandy

ur a smacktard!
VIP
May 11, 2005
Great Yarmouth/Cambridge
the extra number at the end is the timeframe in hours of what they drop so it would be

1/800 Magicbrace 1 1
you would have a 1 in 800 chance of it dropping 1 in every 1 hour
(this works globally)

Upvote 0

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
Like I said, the fact that they are in Chinese is irrelevent. I just wanted to know if anyone knew the answer to my question. I have your download (thanks btw :D), but I was just browsing the Chinese ones.
i see turbo already answered it, and np about the files, if u find bugs plz post it in the file thread and i will look at it thx

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
the extra number at the end is the timeframe in hours of what they drop so it would be

1/800 Magicbrace 1 1
you would have a 1 in 800 chance of it dropping 1 in every 1 hour
(this works globally)

Isnt' this an extension of the RareItems Db though? Or just 2 systems work simultaneously?

Upvote 0